Yes, you can rock a tie. (Without buying one.) Here's how.

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Image via Madewell Blog

Image via MTV.com 

 
Image via Style Caster


I've been wanting to rock a silk tie for a while now. They're as adorable as they are seductive, and every time I walk by a girl wearing one I think "Damn, she is cool." Even so, I haven't been able to commit to buying one. I often find myself having buyer's remorse with silly accessories - did I really need that hunting cap? Or that huge sparkly clutch? Probably not. It's lead me to be less trendy in my accessories purchases. 

Then I had an idea - all I need is a cute bit of floppy, drapey fabric, right?  

Voilà, a fabric tie belt from a zillion year old H&M dress, reborn as a floral tie! 

Blouse: Anthropologie | Tie (from an old dress): H&M | Denim: Madewell | Sunglasses: Forever 21 

I know you've got one of those old, random fabric-tied dresses in your closet. Go grab the belt and try something new!


  Facebook  Instagram  Pinterest  Bloglovin

2 comments :

Carrie H said...

So cute! The pattern play is fun. I recently made a bow tie out of a thrifted neck tie for a Spirit Week outfit and enjoyed wearing it.

Marie, SWIILPTblog said...

I love it Carrie! They're so much fun.
-Marie