Scenes from a Sunday night: dungeness crab boil

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Tea towel: old Anthropologie 

On Sunday night this week my boyfriend and I made crab for dinner. I documented the whole thing because it seemed like one of our wackier dinner ideas and it turns out, IT WAS. The whole night also seemed to follow my favorite color palette (oranges, pinks, blues, and blacks) so I couldn't help myself with the camera. 



See that white plastic bag on the front of the shopping cart? There is a live dungeness crab in there. It kept moving around and at one point it managed to push out of all the paper it was in that had been stapled shut! AHH. 


Early prep work.


The man himself. 

We used Emeril Lagasse's garlic and chile roasted dungeness crab recipe and it was delicious. 


More prep work!


After boiling the crab we submerged it in ice water to stop it from overcooking before roasting it. 


Never have I ever found a more perfect use for these beloved old Anthro plates. 




  Facebook  Instagram  Pinterest  Bloglovin

No comments :