Music Friday (ok, Saturday), Rufus Wainwright - Want One

Saturday, June 06, 2015


The last album of the week is Want One by Rufus Wainwright. It was released in 2003, the primetime of my high school career - and two of my best friends introduced me to it on a fateful summer night. It was the only night of the entire summer all three of us were in town, so we stayed up for the entire night driving all over Ann Arbor, laughing like maniacs, wreaking high school havoc and having the time of our lives. 

Overt emotion, overly dramatic, beautifully orchestrated, completely wonderful. "Go or Go Ahead" was pretty much my anthem (keep in mind I was the nerdiest, most emotional, violin-playing dork for miles). This album takes me back every single time. (And it has the track that inspired this blog name, "Pretty Things"!)

Favorites:
Oh What A World, I Don't Know What It Is, Pretty Things, Go or Go Ahead, Vibrate, 14th Street, Beautiful Child, Dinner at Eight 



  Facebook  Instagram  Pinterest  Bloglovin

No comments :