Autumn outfits, & rediscovering old loves

Saturday, November 01, 2014


Coat: Anthropologie | Skirt: vintage, thrifted | Scarf: thrifted | Shoes: Ann Taylor 
Shirt: Madewell | Tie: Topman | Purse: Banana Republic | Rings: thrifted, Penelope's Chicago

Bowtie last seen here, last February.

It's cooling down and I'm easing into my favorite kind of clothes: cozy & femme, always a little goofy. I've also been reaching into the back of my new shiny closet and finding some old favorite pieces I'd forgotten - several of them are in these outfits. 


Sweater: vintage, thrifted | Pants: Banana Republic | Socks: Anthropologie | Shoes: Aldo
Jacket: Urban Outfitters | Necklace: Forever 21 | Purse: Banana Republic 

Sweater last seen in January, here.


Sweater: Anthropologie | Shirt: H&M | Necklaces: Forever 21, Julie Nolan Jewelry
Headband: Anthropologie | Nailposlih: OPI "Jade is the New Black", Covergirl "Pink-finity" 

Shirt last seen in February, here



Trench: Everlane (thanks Bizzy) | Shirt: Urban Outfitters | Pants: Anthropologie
Shoes: Jessica Simpson | Rings: thrifted, Penelope's Chicago, Francesca's (thanks Emma)

Pants last seen in April 2013, here



Blazer: Forever 21 | Dress: Forever 21 | Coat: Banana Republic 
Shoes: Banana Republic | Necklace: H&M | Purse: Banana Republic 

Bellhop blazer last seen way back in May 2012, here


Blouse: Forever 21 | Skirt: Banana Republic | Jacket: Anthropologie 

Shirt last seen here, all the way back in freakin' December 2011. 

One of my favorite blogs out of Chicago, The Everygirl, has released this month's 30-day Challenge: 30 days of Wearing your Wardrobe. The idea is to not shop for 30 days (a challenge I already completed last week - woohoo!!),  and to look deep into the back of the closet to find hidden & forgotten gems to get them back into rotation. I do tend to favor a few MVPs, and I'm planning on doing a post to showcase them soon, but I know my closet has an impossible number of choices & combinations that I need to discover. There are possibilities unexplored in there, and this is a perfect season for experimentation. At the end of the challenge, you're supposed to swap, sell or donate the things you couldn't make work - and downsizing/donating is always good.

Plus, not shopping for the last 30 days felt excellent and I'd love to do it again. I'm a hard-wired Emotional Responder, which can lead to many not-so-wise (but in the end, wisdom-giving) shopping choices - and life choices, for that matter. A la Kanye: "I'm tryna right my wrongs / but it's funny the same wrongs helped me write this song." Pulling back on the reins feels good, and reminds me to notice the good around me. 

Happy Saturday.


  Facebook  Instagram  Twitter  Pinterest  Bloglovin

No comments :