"Dumbo could always fly - he just needed a magic feather."

Saturday, July 05, 2014



Blouse: Banana Republic, available here | Skirt: Banana Republic, on sale here | Tote: Target | Necklace: H&M, on ridiculous sale at stores (not available online) Sunglasses: Forever 21 | Shoes: Tahari, DSW  

A couple of brand new favorites, the shirt and the skirt, make their first rotation!


I had a major case of shopper's remorse when I left this skirt behind in a store back in March - so much so that I've been periodically looking for it online on ebay since my size sold out a long time ago. It somehow magically reappeared in the Grant Ave store the other day and I wasn't going to let it get away again. 

Here's the same skirt, looking adorable, on 9-to-5 Chic


This necklace is another new favorite - the feathers are always in motion, fluttering in every tiny breeze. They add a nice playful element to whatever you pair them with. This gem is on sale for $3 at H&M: run, don't walk.



LAST SEEN:
Shoes: with a cammo blouse here, with highwaisted shorts here
Tote: with a drop waist dress here, with a maxi and stripes here,
with tights and boots here, and with some big awesome hair & crazypants here 



The 4th of July was my favorite Chicago holiday - my roommates and I would have a massive, ridiculous party every year on our roof, and after stuffing ourselves with beer & grilled food we'd all make the loopy, sweaty, happy trek to Winnemac Park for hours upon hours of fireworks. After that, we'd all dance the night away back in our apartment. When I think of the 4th of July I will always, always think of that apartment, and the bomb-ass ladies that I lived with there.

To Independence!
  Facebook  Instagram  Twitter  Pinterest  Bloglovin

No comments :