Recent favorites: outfits, links, thoughts.

Monday, June 23, 2014


Left
Shirt, sunglasses & skirt: old Anthropologie | Purse: Lucky Brand | Nailpolish: Essie "Clambake"
Right
Jacket: Anthropologie
| Jumpsuit: Forever 21 | Purse: Lucky Brand | Belt: Ann Taylor | Nailpolish: Essie "Clambake"



Jacket: Urban Outfitters | Shoes: Payless | Denim: AG Denim Legging | Top: Anthropologie | Lipstick: Albeit "Vermillion" | Nailpolish: Wet n Wild "Saved by the Blue" 



Top Anthropologie | Necklaces: Forever 21, Julie Nolan Jewelry 

Controlling obsessive clothing shopping - Apartment Therapy had some great suggestions. (Particularly love the idea of keeping a list of things you're allowed to buy in your wallet - it would make me think twice about buying anything not on that list.)

A zillion great ideas for bringing design elements into your apartment using only paint. 

ANTHRO TAG SALE. Need I say more?

The weekend's Summer Solstice gave us almost 15 hours of sunlight in the bay - and got me thinking about how long each day really is. This website tells you how much daylight you'll get every day, using your zip code - and serves as a great reminder that you can always afford a 15-minute sanity break from work. 

I'm new to Oakland, in a time when this city is experiencing documented and terrifying gentrification - I've been wrestling with what it means to move here, and make a life here, knowing that I am an unwilling and unintentional player in this cycle. Self-hatred and constant apologizing are getting me nowhere, and they're certainly not helping Oakland - but honest conversation and dialogue goes a long way, and Chinaka Hodge's article in SF Magazine goes beyond honesty and into action and production: exactly where I need to be. I plan on heeding her advice, being thankful for the place I live, and working hard to be a giver, and not a taker. 

- - - 

  Facebook  Instagram  Twitter  Pinterest  Bloglovin

No comments :