Pour another, Nick Hakim.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014



I have this theory that life mirrors high school, in four year cycles. Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior - in school and then over again, until infinity. Each year brings new adventures, but my I swear my lens is always determined by this cycle. Every freshman year I am opened armed, full of ambition and impossible longing. Sophomore year finds me inside out with confusion, and classically unable to see the light at the end of it all. Junior year means head down, game on, barreling through and trusting in my gut. Senior year is full of revelry, a little carelessness, and joy.  


I am coming out of Freshman Year 4 - and freshman years draw me to lazy, lilting love songs that are jammed with nostalgia. Think Ed Harcourt's Here Be Monsters album, or even the song that this blog got its name from: "Pretty Things" by Rufus Wainwright.

"Pour Another" by Nick Hakim is perfect in this company. 



Enjoy! Happy Tuesday.

  Facebook  Instagram  Twitter  Pinterest  Bloglovin

No comments :