Icons: Ulyana Sergeenko

Friday, May 16, 2014


Name: Ulyana Sergeenko 
Occupation: Couture Designer, of Ulyana Sergeenko 



 



Why I love her: to me, she is like a queen. She is so poised and regal, no matter what she's wearing. She appeals to the little kid in me, who looked up to fabulous actresses in old movies and Disney princesses, and aspired to be just like them when I grew up. And what's amazing to me is that unlike the role models of my youth (often one-dimensional, often valued for their beauty and not for their brains), Ulyanna's look and grace seems to be an intellectual one. I think you could plop her into the 1800s, 1980s, 2010s, or 2200s and she would still look relevant and fabulous. 





I love the high-drama of her looks. Even her version of casual always has an element of power & aspiration. Her clothes have so many historical references and tones,  and it makes them all the more potent to me.

Yes, she is absolutely over the top - but she is graceful and unapologetic, and it works for me.



You have such a signature look. Have you seen your style influence others in Moscow?

"It's a very good question. When I appeared on the scene a few years ago, a lot of people laughed at me. I have a really recognizable and maybe a funny style. My long skirts—really, people laughed. But now a lot of people, they ask their stylists, 'Make me absolutely like Ulyana.' We have lots of people in clothes similar to my skirts. We have now a lot of Russian designers who are producing similar skirts and dresses. Not a long time ago, it was very funny and people were laughing. Now they are wearing it."
-as told to Style.com 







How would you describe your personal style?
US: Chaotic. It’s dependent on my mood and constantly evolving. Though there are a few main aspects of my style that is constant. I love beautiful, feminine silhouettes with long skirts and tiny waists. I love dramatic clothes and accessories like feather capes, extravagant hats and gloves. I also like to add something funny to it because in the end, for me, it’s about fun. In three words, it would be beauty, drama and fun. 
 - as told to Vogue Australia 




All images via Pinterest. 

  
Facebook  Instagram  Twitter  Pinterest  Bloglovin

No comments :