Icons: Eleonora Carisi

Wednesday, May 14, 2014



Name: Eleanora Carisi
Occupation: Shop owner, designer, blogger of Jou Jou Villeroy



Why I love her: She chooses impeccable and simple pieces, then mixes them together in a way that makes a bold statement. Most of the individual pieces she wears, while gorgeous, are not show-stoppers on their own: the magic is in the mix. I love the attention she gives to textural elements too - the above sparkly heels, the fluffy canary coat, the pink confetti midi skirt.







I adore the now infamous photos taken of her in New York for Mr. Newton - I love that she lets her style be bold, regardless of where she is or who may be around. It seems less an act of defiance, and more a shoulder shrug that says "this feels natural to me". 






What’s your golden style rule?
"I don’t think there is any such thing as a golden rule. The secret is to be aware of your body. I always wear clothes that I feel are a part of me, that make me feel good and make me feel confident. My motto has always been freetobeyou, in other words free to not be afraid or at least to be less afraid. Free to jump into the river, cross it with big strokes and reach the other side. My rule is that there are no rules. My rule is to follow my heart and go with the flow of whatever emotions I feel in the morning and let them dictate what I’m going to wear that day. How you look says a lot about you, before you even open your mouth."

-as told to Malo







All images via Pinterest

  
Facebook  Instagram  Twitter  Pinterest  Bloglovin

No comments :