A New Kind of Winter

Thursday, December 19, 2013


Hat: Anthropologie

Sweater: Forever 21
Shirt: J Crew
Purse: Phillip Lim for Target
Bracelet: gift, Anthropologie / Nancy Nelson Jewelry (thanks Jordan/Brian/Jillian)
Pants: AG Stevie Ankle
Booties: Target

Carrie Bradshaw once said,

"In New York, you're always looking for a job, a boyfriend, or an apartment."

After the firestorm of the past three months, I have had a magical two weeks, in which I have gotten all three. The world works in mysterious ways!


This is what I wore for a grocery run, with my newly Californian boyfriend, in what I am now coming to understand as "winter": 60 degrees, partly cloudy, no coat necessary. 


As for the apartment, it is one long series of "before" shots right now, but Trevor and I are tearing it down and building back up again anew. It is a beautiful 100-year old building with 100-year old problems, but it's going to be incredible when it's done. We are in a lovely area in Oakland and I could not be happier. 


I also have a brand new job! I will be tucking away my walking shoes and sitting down behind a desk for the first time in a long time. I'll be working in online content for a major brand and I am thrilled for the opportunity. California has turned my life upside down and inside out!


LAST SEEN:
Sweater: here
Hat: here 
Shirt: here, here
Purse: here, here 
Jeans: here, here
Booties: here, here 

Full of gratitude, full of hope, humbled by the world.

                                                                  Facebook  Instagram  Twitter  Pinterest  Bloglovin

3 comments :

Nancy said...

So happy for you!

Your South Bend IN customer in Chicago

Anonymous said...

So happy everything is falling into place.

Your South Bend customer (on Southport)

FASHION TALES said...

LOVE that cute pink knit hat! Hope you're doing well dear. Happy holidays!! xx/Madison