Thanks.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013


[via]

Even when my life is chaotic, I am so lucky. This year's list is long and varied. I am thankful for California and its mind altering good weather, I am thankful for Chicago, I am thankful for the internet,  I am thankful for good hearts, I am thankful for every person who has ever told me that taking risks is not the same as making mistakes.

Most of all this year, I am thankful for all of the extraordinary women around me. My sisters, my mother, my friends. They are made of colors and joi de vivre and wisdom and nuance and beauty and love, and I'm the luckiest. 

Here's a few portraits I've taken of these ladies over the past 5 years.









"Blame it or praise it, 
there's no denying the wild horse in us."
[Virginia Woolf, Jacob's Room]


Happy Thanksgiving, to you and yours. 
                                                                  Facebook  Instagram  Twitter  Pinterest  Bloglovin

No comments :