California, here I come!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013




I have absolutely ridiculous, exciting, panic-inducing news:

I am moving to San Francisco!

I have been offered an awesome new position with my company and I will be taking off from O'Hare in seven days. One way ticket, west coast bound. It's all still sinking in, and I am so incredibly excited. 

I first laid eyes on the Bay when I was 19, sometime in July, around 3 AM. I was in the backseat of a car on the verge of breakdown, wearing pajamas, laugh crying, and absolutely starving. My sister, her roommate and I had been driving for at least 30 hours, and had no maps, no smartphones, no food, no plans, no money, and no idea where we were going. It had been a road trip messy enough for the ages. Finally seeing the city sparkling across the water was such an invigorating, calm moment. Of course, after that moment we got horribly lost and chaos set in again, but I never forgot that minute of joy.

Now, a lot of years and several less manic visits later, I am fully obsessed with San Francisco and cannot believe how lucky I am to get to move out there. 

On the other hand, I am broken hearted about leaving Chicago. But that post will come later. 

Right now I feel every emotion on earth, but the one that comes through loudest is excitement!




Here comes the countdown....
Happy Wednesday, everybody!

No comments :