The closest I'll get to wearing a t-shirt

Monday, July 15, 2013

Top: Madewell (on sale here!)
Necklace: Anthropologie
Pants: Banana Republic
Purse: gift, Kate Spade (thanks Mai)
Shoes: gift, Ann Taylor (thanks Mom)
Nailpolish: OPI "Jade is the New Black", Essie "Borrowed & Blue"
Sunglasses: Anthropologie


My boyfriend was kind enough to take these photos for me. As he snapped he noted: 
"I think this is the closest thing I've ever seen to you wearing a t-shirt."



I snatched up Refinery29's amazing Madewell deal last week ($60 for a $100 gift card....HOKAI), and couldn't say no to this top. The photos can't convey how neon it really is, but trust me. It is NEON.



Wearing it with a couple old MVPs: my newly repaired cheetah pumps from Ann Taylor, and my black Banana Republic skinnies. 




LAST SEEN:
Necklace: here, here
Pants: here, here, here 
Shoes: here



And old stand-by, reborn. 





Even though I never wear t-shirts, I often find myself admiring simple, classic, elegant looking ones in photographs and on the street. I can never seem to find the same fabrics and silhouettes I see going by, though - any advice, guys? The perfect, PERFECT t-shirt?
Let me know, I need all the help I can get!

3 comments :

Madeleine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Temporary:Secretary said...

You look super lovely! That's a very pretty top, love the colour and the accessories! x

Mar said...

Hi Marie! I love your top! I too am a big sucker for anything simple yet classy. :)

Not Your Ordinary Beauty Queen