Unexpected Dress-up

Friday, January 18, 2013


Vest: Anthropologie - available here and on sale!
Necklace: gift, Love Lill (thanks Kristin
)Dress: Forever 21
Tights: HUE
Shirt: J Crew
Boots: thrifted
Lipstick: Wet n Wild "Purty Persimmon"


I attempted to get over my immense fear of online shopping over the holidays and it was...not good. I ordered some pants from J Crew (pants??? why don't I just jump off a cliff into some sharks...) and they were disastrous, so I exchanged them and ended up with a button down I was sure I'd wear with jeans every day.

Little did I know I'd suddenly need to wear it with a lacey dress. 

    

Presto-chango!


I haven't worn the lace dress version yet, but I plan on doing it tomorrow during our 46 degree heat wave.  (The pants version, which I wore yesterday doing errands, includes a cardigan from Banana Republic that my Mom just sent me, old $10 Banana Republic jeans, and my black chucks)



Flat pattern + textured pattern = thumbs up.



This necklace is another gem from my friend Kristin's shop Love, Lill. I typically gravitate toward chunky necklaces but I've been wearing this one non-stop since New Year's Eve. Maybe the pendulum is swinging back to unfussy basics for me. I guess it swings that way every spring. 



January is MORE THAN HALFWAY OVER. 
And I think we can all agree that January is the worst.
(February is not the worst, and if you think that you're mistaken)
Happy Friday!!

4 comments :

BrinkyDink said...

Lumberjack princess, that's on point.

maihit05 said...

SOOOO CUTE

FASHION TALES said...

The boots and plaid is so cute with this outfit. Oh, & happy new year! :) /Madison

Madeleine said...

I love that shirt!! Gaah.