Cities & Sequins

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Coat: Anthropologie
Sweater: J Crew
Shirt: Madewell
Skirt: gift, Macy's (thanks Mom)
Tights: HUE
Booties: Anthropologie
Headscarf: Forever 21
Vest: Anthropologie
Ring: gift, Francesca's (thanks Emma)
Nailpolish: Essie "Borrowed & Blue", OPI "Lucky Lucky Lavender"

I wore this to work and out for a drink a couple of weeks ago.



Like many other city gals, I avoid wearing my puffer coat unless absolutely necessary. So on days when it's cooold, but not COLDCOLDCOLD, I resort to wearing ridiculous amounts of layers underneath something more chic. This fur-lined denim vest has been an excellent addition to my layer arsenal.



I tried on and left this sweater at J. Crew a couple of times before I went back and bought it. Words on clothes have always annoyed me, but there was something about it that I liked. I think it might be the font, or the all-caps, or the fact that it has basically every city I'd like to see splashed across it. I've never really been outside the US before (except once on a cruise in high school, and a couple of trips to Canada when I was really little), so I'm drawn to things that stoke my dreams of getting out and seeing the world.



The longer I own this skirt, the more I like it with the most casual things that I own. I guess this is a trend I'm seeing repeated with all the sequins I own...



If I switched out these boots for a pair of high high magenta heels I would even wear this to a holiday party.




LAST SEEN:
Shirt: here, here, here
Skirt: here, here
Boots: here
Headscarfy band: here, here
Vest: here


Why yes, Jay-Z and I do have the same ring, thanks for noticing.



Have you guys done your holiday shopping yet?
Mine all has to happen this week...gulp!
God help us all.

3 comments :

Elizabeth said...

You are a layering PRO!!! Looks awesome!

I love those boots (and the sweatshirt).

Also - I can personally attest to the awesomeness of that skirt as I have worn it myself and loved it :)

SEE YOU SO SOON!

dotie said...

Your anthropologie coat is just gorgeous...<3<3<3

eclectic du jour

South Looper said...

Marie, all these are beautiful! love your blog, rarely comment. keep up the good work!