Back in Action

Monday, November 19, 2012

Boots: Anthropologie
Jeans: AG Denim Legging
Belt: Banana Republic
Undershirt: Urban Outfitters
Striped shirt: H&M
Vest: Anthropologie
Headscarf-y band: Forever 21

I haven't posted/taken photos in a couple of months. This blog is the only commitment I don't hesitate to take a vacation from, but it's not because I don't care about it. It's because So What if I Like Pretty Things exists not only for when inspiration strikes, but also when my life has space for reflection/documentation, and that happens pretty rarely. A lack of posts doesn't always equal a lack of inspiration - a lot of the time, it means inspiration overload. 

That being said, 
here goes nothing!


I wore this after a crazy weekend of work. 

I've always wanted a denim jacket. I can't find one that doesn't make me feel like a cheeseball. I see other ladies and gents making them work every day - with dresses, with leather pants, with cords, with maxi skirts. And yet every single one I've tried on leaves me feeling like...well, like this picture of Billy Ray Cyrus.

Enter the DENIM VEST. Lined in fake fur. Goes with everything and doesn't make me feel like I have a massive mullet, or like I inflicted this song upon the world.


Also, considering I've only owned these boots for three days, I'd say about 48 hours of wear and not an ounce of pain is a pretty good record. And they're on such a good sale right now!


LAST SEEN:
Shirt: here
Jeans: here, here
Headscarf-y: here

 

Heading home to Michigan this week!
Getting excited to play with my camera while I'm there.

3 comments :

Hello Amy said...

Gorgieeee! My friend just talked me into getting that exact vest this weekend... I'm kinda in love with it.

Amber of Maryland said...

Haha, I loved reading about the denim jacket dilemma...they ARE tricky! I think the fit has to be juuuust right, otherwise I feel like my fourth grade self minus a hair scrunchie and a horse sweater, and not in a cool/ironic way...that vest is awesome!

I bought the Lyra booties from Anthro earlier this week (good deal, indeed) in the neutral color and was checking out the internets for inspiration on different ways to style them...I haven't worn them out and about yet but I'm excited that they're actually comfortable!

Marie said...

Amy - IT'S THE BEST! Haven't you been wearing it constantly?

Amber - denim jackets are so so tough, glad to hear that I'm not the only person who feels that way...haha. And enjoy your Lyra booties, I know you're going to love them!