A Room of One's Own Pt. I - Books

Wednesday, November 28, 2012


 This is Pt. I of a three part series about my apartment. I moved into this place a little more than 2 years ago and it'll take a lot to get me to ever leave it. I've lived in 7 different apartments over a span of 8 years in Chicago, so I can safely say that I know a good place when I see one. 

That ^ chair was a scored in an alley after a night of drinking and gabbing with two of my best friends. It is just as heavy as it looks, but that didn't stop us from managing to carry it all the way back to my apartment. Seriously, I have instagram evidence, thanks to Miss Ashley:





Anyway, it lives in my bedroom and holds several books. It always wears a hat, too - the hat changes depending on the season. Right now it's a black felt bucket cap. Over the summer it was a straw fedora. 



I have a 6 shelf bookcase from IKEA in the living room, two shelves of it are dedicated to my sheet music. 



The magazines live in organized stacks in the shelves that frame our faux fireplace. 



Merchandising in my bedroom...can you tell I work at a store?

These all live on the velvet chair in my bedroom because they're the things I read the most before falling asleep. 


I keep all my catalogued old issues of Vogue in magazine holders in my IKEA bookcase. 



I also have a collection of dorky figurines, particularly Star Wars ones. I don't know why I seem to like the random side characters better, maybe they're easier to find than the original characters. They live in front of the books in my IKEA bookcase. 

Stay tuned for a few more decor pictures!
@SWIILPTblog

3 comments :

Madeleine said...

I love this post. The photo of sheet music is one of my faves. I'm excited for pts 2 & 3 of this little series! :)

Gregaria said...

Ditto! I love your chair and the fact that it wears a hat and holds books. :)

Alyssa said...

You are such a boss for carrying that chair home. Definitely worth it.