True Blue

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Jacket: thrifted
Dress: thrifted
Sunglasses: thrifted
Belt: vintage
Shoes: thrifted
Earrings: vintage, gift (thanks Gram)
Lipstick: "Rogue Wave", colorlab (thanks Marie)

This post also could have been called "Watch Marie Attempt to Use A Cheap Auto Shutter Release".
It didn't go well.
Hence, that ^ expression.


Anyway! I think this is the first time I can say everything in this outfit is vintage and/or thrifted!



I think I wore this sometime around the fourth of July. Honestly I don't remember anymore. Blogging has become more of a hassle than anything else for me this summer. I started this blog because I wanted a place to catalog thoughts and images and outfits, and I'm not sure I need the same space right now. I try to keep it up out of habit, then realize I'm only doing it for that reason, and then I'm not sure whether or not it's a good enough reason. But then again, this blog was one of the things that taught be how to be consistent and dedicated, and I really value that.

I know I'm not the only person to feel like this about blogging. What do you guys think?

Is it worth sticking it out and making yourself post,
even if your heart isn't in it for a while?


The dress, jacket and shoes were found on the same fateful thrift trip last month, and I've been wearing all three pieces a lot. In fact I've already stripped the shoes - I need to get them repaired...


LAST SEEN:
Belt: here
Glasses: here


I hope your summers are finishing out beautifully.
Oh, btw, my disqus account is being wonky so all your sweet comments have dissapeared into the ether for a while - but I'm tryyyying (*cough cough, disqus support, where the eff are you*) to get them back.
@SWIILPTblog

7 comments :

Gregaria said...

Ha! I love the facial expression the first one. Also, cute outfit!

Alyssa said...

Your expression in the first picture is the blogger equivalent of McKayla Maroney on the podium at the Olympics.

I too feel the same way about blogging. Man, it feels like such a chore as of late (hence the hiatus). Keep going back and forth on continuing or not. Le sigh...

Sarah Azzouzi said...

Blogging is a lot easier when life isnt so busy...but then when life isn't very busy - what is there to blog about?

The thing that bothers me the most about blogging is trying to find new things to wear. I've got to say my outfits are boring 60% of the time...then again, blogging has pushed me to be more creative with my clothes.

Find a way to make it not a chore...make it something you look forward to...like your morning coffee!

Sarah Azzouzi said...

Blogging is a lot easier when life isnt so busy...but then when life isn't very busy - what is there to blog about?

The thing that bothers me the most about blogging is trying to find new things to wear. I've got to say my outfits are boring 60% of the time...then again, blogging has pushed me to be more creative with my clothes.

Find a way to make it not a chore...make it something you look forward to...like your morning coffee!

Midwest Muse said...

Pretty dress and I love the location!

Katherine / Of Corgis and Cocktails said...

i LOVE your dress and belt together - perfect

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

D said...

I've been looking for a dress like that Marie! So cute! Looks adorable on you!