Gypsy Woman

Saturday, December 17, 2011


Turban: Anthropologie
Necklace: Banana Republic
Blouse: J Crew
Sweater: Anthropologie
Skirt: Banana Republic
Tights: HUE
Socks: borrowed (...stolen...), Brooks Brothers (Thanks Dad)
Shoes: thrifted
Lipstick, my new fave: Wet 'n' Wild "Sugar Plum Fairy"


Writing this as I wake up from the most bomb dream I've had in months: I was an extreme photographer of sorts, and me and my DSLR were scaling buildings in Manhattan getting unbelievable photos. Then I'd throw my camera over my shoulder and swing down/between other buildings and take more photos. At once point I became Spiderman and shot spidey-webs across the Hudson and swung around taking photos...someone clearly misses New York...okay, anyway. Sorry.

OUTFIT.



Work + Drinks!

Don't know how I manage to make so many luxe-y fabrics looks so...homeless chic. It's a gift.

Also, this is my first turban, and I can safely say it will not be the last. Magic.



I finally gave in and bought this guy. More than a month of obsession wore me down. It's mildly itchy mohair so I can only wear it with long sleeves, but that's my only grievance. It's great.



I don't know how to pack. Each time I go home I'll bring like, 6 dresses and no pairs of socks. These socks were borrowed from my Dad on one of those occasions, and then WHOOOOPS I accidentally brought them back to Chicago with me. And the boots, oh how I love them. My best thrift ever, I'd say.



Look guys! I got a Christmas tree!



Thought I'd try out this lipstick on a $2.99 whim, and it did NOT let me down. Even when I wear completely boring clothes (which believe you me, does happen), all I have to do is swipe on some neon purple lipstick and I'm suddenly dolled up like a gypsy. Add a turban and fahgeettabautit.

Last seen:
Necklace, here
Blouse, here
Skirt, here
Booties, here



There's finally some snow on the ground!
And I'm going home to my family next week.
Life = good.
@SWIILPTblog
Bloglovin'


PS. I've been getting emails the past couple of weeks with questions from you beauties - will be doing an answers post soon! So if you have anything you want answered ("where can I wear furry bracelets without feeling like a character from the Flinstones?" "why are your photos always mildly out of focus?" "what is the meaning of life?"), feel free to leave em on my email or twitter!

No comments :