Different Versions of the Same Thing

Friday, November 11, 2011


Necklaces: J Crew
Blouse: Forever 21
Earrings: gift, thrifted (thanks Emma)
Shorts: Anthropologie
Tights: Anthropologie
Shoes: Payless
Lipstick: Wet n Wild, "Coraline"


Bought these shorts earlier this week.
So much for my No-Shop-November dreams.
But I got these for 20 bucks and I've wanted them foreverrrrrrasdfhjklsfhjklsadf.
Sigh.



Love em so much that I've worn em twice this week. This is version #1, and I know the fact that it's 40 degrees out makes it ridiculous. Nevermind the weather. The rain and sleet (and snow, starting today!!) will not stop me! I'll keep wearing impractical silk shorts and tights until frostbite overtakes me.



I just discovered that I needn't stow my coral lipstick until next summer. There's something perfect about neon lips with a neutral outfit in the freezing cold. In fact, I'm now in the market for a perfect tube of full-on orange. Suggestions welcomed!



Shirt last seen: here
Necklaces last seen: here and here
Earrings/bracelet last seen: forever ago, here

And now,
for Version #2!


Top: Gap
Blazer: gift, Anthropologie (thanks Mom)
Earrings: vintage, gift (thanks Gram)
Bracelet: vintage, gift (thanks Gram)
Bag: gift, Kate Spade (thanks Mai - AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY)
Shorts: Anthropologie
Tights: Anthropologie
Shoes: Payless
Lipstick: Wet n Wild, "Coraline"


I wore this to work, the day after acquiring the shorts. Immediate wear-age of a new item is a signal that it was a good purchase, right? I've always thought so...



Hilariously, this blazer was the first item I ever owned from good ol' Anrtho. My Mom got it for me when I was 15, back when I barely even knew what Anthropologie was. Annnnnd now I work there and it rules my life. Sigh.

Anyway, this jacket was clearly designed for warmer, pre-Labor Day days, but eh. Who says you can wear white linen when it's chilly?!



Blazer last seen: holy shit so long ago, here
Tights last seen: here
Shoes last seen: here



Cheers to the remix.
@SWIILPTblog
Bloglovin'

No comments :