Summer's (Possible) Last Stand

Monday, September 05, 2011


Dress: Anthropologie
Earrings: gift (thanks Kim)
Shoes: Lela Rose for Payless

Toenail polish: Chinaglaze, "Frostbite"

As I write this, I am bundled up in a sweater, jeans, and socks in my bed. That's right folks, FALL HAS ARRIVED! It's 62 degrees and breezy, and I am loving every second.

We had a mini heat wave a few days ago, and this is what I wore to dinner. I adore this dress, I need to get in as many wears of it as possible while I still can...



The colors are like a bright energy shot.



I have a contentious relationship with my hair. It's a study in opposites. Thin/poufy. Curly/wirey. Brown/occasionally blonde-ish? Long when straight/so short when curly. Unhealthy/soft. It's a headache, to be sure. I started wearing it picked and fro-ed out like this about a year ago as an experiment - now I do it pretty regularly. It won't stand straight up and be a perfect fro (it's too long and heavy), but I kind of enjoy the pyramid-like effect it gives.

Plus, ordinary dudes find it intimidating, which I love. Ha.



Since the dress is so attention-grabbing I kept the accessories minimal. Just the orange flower earrings from lovely Kim, last seen here.



The circumference of my hair is the same as the circumference of my skirt.
HELL YES.



Happy Labor Day!

No comments :