Classic, Catty

Thursday, June 02, 2011


Sunglasses: Anthropologie
Earrings: vintage (thanks Gram)
Lipstick: "Rogue Wave", colorlab (thanks Marie)
Necklace: gift, Ann Taylor (thanks Mom)
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Shirt: Gap
Skirt: Gap
Shoes: Payless
Toenail polish: "Jade is the New Black", OPI


I overslept this morning and needed to get dressed faster than I've needed to in a long time. I went for an equation that always works (in my opinion):

Something classic,
Something sassy,

Repeat.




Red lips: classic.
Top knot: sassy.
Blue striped oxford: classic.
Leopard print cardi: sassy.
Black silk pleated skirt: classic.
Gaudy, big jewelry: sassy.



I just bought these cat-eye sunnies yesterday when my old faithfuls broke (yet again), and I don't know that I'll ever turn back.



I wore bejeweled sandals instead of heels to work (when you're walking like 8 miles a shift, heels can only stay on for so long anyway), but these are the shoes I would have worn if I was wearing it out.



The night is young - I may still make it out of my apartment, and amazingly enough, this thrown together ensemble will function just as well for drinks as it did for work.

Yay for last minute victories!

No comments :