Shows, frills, and blooms

Monday, April 11, 2011


Cardigan: Ann Taylor (thanks Mom)
Dress: thrifted, Zara
Belt: thrifted
Earrings: Claire's
Shoes: thrifted, Forever 21
Nailpolish: ULTA, Razzberry


I went to see Little Scream and Sharon Van Etten this weekend at Lincoln Hall. They were both awesome and I highly recommend you check them out!



I actually wore my mom's brown leather riding boots from the 80s, but as I've been wearing them thin for about five years, they're in TERRIBLE condition. I'm going to try to have them repaired/resoled, and once I do I'll make sure to get a good image of them up. These shoes were a close second choice, and are much more photo-appropriate.



Confession - - I've never been a HUGE Zara fan. It has a certain slickness to it that I only like in moderation - but that doesn't mean it doesn't have some super appealing individual pieces. Even when I find one though, 9 times out of 10 I can't afford it. (Is it just me or is it REALLY expensive considering the quality...??) But anyway. I found this dress second-handing and was overjoyed, so I suppose I need to give Zara a little more credit than I previously have. It weighs nothing and flows so perfectly. I'll be wearing it every other day as it warms up, I'm sure.



The belt was another joyous thrifting find. I think at least 80% of my belts are thrift store gems.



Simple, springy, light.
Thank god for the breaking seasons.


No comments :