A boyish girl

Thursday, April 14, 2011


Shirt: Target
Pants: Banana Republic
Necklace: gift, Ann Taylor (thanks Mom)
Bracelet: gift, vintage (thanks Gram)
Glasses: bought on the street in New York
Shoes: thrifted


Today's outfit came together when I realized it had been almost five months since I posted an outfit with pants! Though I don't wear pants much, I wear them more often than THAT. This is what I wore running errands and thrift shopping around the city yesterday. (It was so comfortable and easy I may be wearing it again today...)

I am the girliest girl in many ways, but every once in a while I do like to throw on simple, classic, masculine pieces. I always say that if my body was less girly (read: small waist, not small hips) I would wear only men's clothes - I love how clean, straight, and practical they are.



First and foremost: these pants are made of magic. I've had them for a year, worn them at least once or twice a week, and they've managed to hold onto their shape. They look good with EV-ER-Y-THING. I've worn them with heels, with flats, with sandals, with flow-y blouses, with t-shirts, with chunky sweaters and huge scarves...you name it. Last spring they were called the "Skinny Crop", this year they're called the "Sloan Crop" and you can pick them up here. Think of them as a J Crew "Minnie", but with more stretch.



The shoes (last seen here and here) were a maaaajor thrifting score. I feel like C3P0 in them, in the best and most fun way. I don't wear them super often because they're slippery on the bottom, I may have them retreaded...anyway. The necklace is a gift from my awesome Mom, the bracelet was passed down from my Grandmother (I have a photo of her in her wedding dress wearing it - she's so beautiful).

I'm one of those annoying people who doesn't need glasses but thinks they're awesome, so I fake it. After many years of searching for falsies (remember those years, Bizzy?), I found a pair while roaming the streets in New York a few years ago and jumped out of my skin with joy.



There is nothing in the world as cool, relaxed, and sexy as a tied up oxford. Not only is it visually PERFECT (loose, skin-baring), but I've seen women of every age do it, and I've seen it everywhere I've gone. From rodeos in Texas, to hipsters in dive bars in Chicago, to elderly women strolling the streets in Aspen, to campers on the California coast, to new Moms walking with strollers in Michigan. It just WORKS! So effortless, so sexy. I thought it when I was 10, I will think it til the day I die.



And now, a quick question.
I'm going to be doing my first giveaway pretty soon,
and I was wondering:

What do you (yes, YOU!) think is the easiest/best way to follow a blog?
Bookmarking? Google reader? Bloglovin'? The Blogger reader-thingy?
Something else?

Let me know :)


No comments :