January Who?

Tuesday, January 04, 2011


Dress: J Crew
Tights: Gap
Shoes: Payless
Necklace: gift, Macy's (thanks Mom)
Nailpolish: Chinaglaze, "Re-Fresh Mint"


I hope you all had an awesome New Year's Eve, and a relaxing, quiet New Year's Day. I worked all day the 31st, but still had plenty of time to get home, get dressed, and ring it in right.



As you know, I hate winter. January is also the hardest month of winter for me, so I'm trying to fight off impending blues by dressing as gleefully as I can. Just like I did a few weeks ago, I'm busting out some summer pieces to keep myself feeling sunny. This is what I'd be wearing out to dinner if I were rich enough to afford the vacay in San Francisco I've been dreaming of recently.



You can't tell, but the tights are a thick-knit ribbed eggplant color, and the shoes are an eggplant with ruffles on the toes (last seen in July). The dress is a joyous little shift found on sale at J Crew while shopping with my Mom last spring. I haven't worn it much, honestly, mostly for lack of the proper occasion.



This necklace was a Christmas gift from my Mom, and I am obsessed with it. The beads are this perfect pinkish orange color and completely clear - they look like little pieces of candy. It never lays exactly flat, but I sort of like that about it.



I haven't made any resolutions yet, but I'll make my first one now: make it through the winter with a smile on my face. How about you? Any resolutions?

8 comments :

Rachel - At First Blush said...

Love this! The orange and tights looks great together.

Ashley said...

i love love loveee this. especially the necklace. can your mom be my personal shopper?

D said...

LOVE. You look positively adorable.

Simone said...

That color is stunning on you!

Meagan said...

I love your orange dress! It's just such a fun, unexpected color for NYE and I'm sure it brightened up the night!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

heidiwigdahl said...

Miss Marie, I am in love with this outfit! Your blog is one of my favorites and I love getting fashion advice from you:)

Nnenna said...

love this orange dress! :)

Pamela said...

No resolutions this year. Just striving to live a healthy happy year!

What a gorgeous color on that dress! Wow!

Call Me Ishmael