Outfit of Indecision

Wednesday, November 10, 2010


Sweater: Marshall Field's (circa 2003)
Shirt: Target
Necklace: Forever 21
Earrings: Bought on the street in New York
Skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: BCBG
Tights: I honestly can't remember...!



I absolutely could not decide on what to wear today. I was feeling like wearing a witchy all-black ensemble but couldn't find any tops I was into. Then I looked at my preppy white and grey striped cardigan and thought I'd do a weird mixer. It turned out nicely, I think. One half pessimist, one half optimistic prepster.



Both the cardigan and the shirt are at least a couple of sizes too big - - I swear I've never bought a shirt in the correct size. I bought both pieces because they reminded me of menswear but were still pretty feminine. Except for the fact that they're like tents on me. Sigh. At least the small skirt and tights work to balance it out!



I just bought this necklace because I realized I don't own a single silver necklace. I almost always wear gold jewelry but every once in a while I need something to match my silvery-pearl earrings, and I thought this necklace was flashy but still relatively controlled. While I love big, crazy flashy gold jewelry I like my silver to be a little more refined.



I plan on wearing this out one night soon. All I need now is a venue to match the outfit! Chicago readers, suggestions are welcome :)

PS - I wanted to say a big thank you to all the recent followers and commenters - - you guys really make this so much fun! I love reading what you have to say. XOXO

7 comments :

Madeleine said...

Great outfit. Love the prep edge and menswear yet very feminine vibe. You look great.
You have great style.
Following you so I can't wait to see more of your outfits.
-Madeleine
www.boulevarddelamadeleine.com

Elizabeth said...

Mwee. I lovvvvve this outfit. I may try (somehow) to recreate it. You look lovely!

Lauren said...

Hiya Marie! Indecision is the worst, isn't it? Nice work making it work, though! You look adorbs. Keep up the good work lady!

Hand drawn:
My Closet in Sketches

emily+fashion said...

That outfit is so cute! Love the necklace especially, such a great statement piece.

Best,
Emily
emilyplusfashion.blogspot.com

Marie said...

Thanks ladies :)

Elena said...

lovely as always, mi amor! still looking for you in the tumblr world!
:)

Gregaria said...

Hey Marie, nice outfit! You look like Cecille in the last picture. :)