Maybe the only time you'll ever see me in black and pink

Monday, November 01, 2010


Headband: H&M
Earrings: bought on the street in New York
Shirt: Banana Republic
Necklace: thrifted/borrowed (thanks Emma)
Blazer: Target
Skirt: Banana Republic
Shoes: Bandolino
Nailpolish: OPI, Jade Is The New Black

I wore this outfit to work yesterday for Halloween (with a couple minor modifications including a belt and some tights). I wanted to wear orange and black, but couldn't find an orange top that was seasonally appropriate. Then I remembered that I'd just bought this pink ruffle-y number and hadn't had a chance to wear it yet. Normally I wouldn't be caught dead in black and pink, I think it's a giant cliche, but for some reason I liked the combination anyway.



I also wore flats instead of heels (it was the morning after a very long Halloween-themed dance party and my feet were a weeeeeee bit tired), but I've always liked these and haven't found a post to work them into yet. Very demure for black platforms, but I think that's why I like them.



My major Morning-After Hair was begging for a poufy bun, so I threw it up with a bunch of bobby pins and put a headband on the front to hide my unruly baby hairs. (Does anybody else have this problem?? They're so fluffy and short and they WON'T grow! I never know what to do with them...)



Emma and I found this necklace the same day as the orange one from my last outfit post - we both wanted them both, so we decided she'd buy one and I'd buy the other and we'd jointly own them. It's been a perfect arrangement so far :)



The one button blazer was first featured way back here with my middle-of-July Halloween-y looking outfit, and remains a major closet MVP. Thank god for Target.



Happy Halloween, lovebugs!

4 comments :

Claudia. said...

Love your hair! It looks great with that outfit bc all together it looks like a 1960s ensemble.
*Claudia*

Madeleine said...

SO cute! I love the colors in the necklace and paired with that shirt. Your hair looks fantastic. :D

Marie said...

Thanks Claudia & Madeleine! Very sweet of both of you :)

Lauren said...

Loving this outfit Marie. It's very retro and fresh, and you look gorgeous, per usual <3

Hand drawn:
My Closet in Sketches