The girliest little thing.

Monday, November 22, 2010


Shirt: Forever 21
Skirt: Forever 21
Bra: Calvin Klein
Tights: ...can't remember...
Shoes: Sears
Earrings: thrifted/gift (thanks Emma)


The new Forever 21 on North Avenue opened this past week!!! I may or may not have gone on opening day...I may or may not have a shopping problem. But to be fair, it's RIGHT next to where I work, and the windows were so shinyyyyyyhjdklsfhjdklsaf.



I was confused by this shirt when I first saw it, but my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to try it on. Once I did I didn't want to take it off. It's the most perfect blush color and I love that it's see-through. I can wear a pretty bra underneath it and it still manages to look demure and pretty. If you've been reading my outfit posts for a while you'll know that I am a sucker for girly little things, and this may very well be the girliest blouse I own. Since I rarely wear pants I'm always looking for basic skirts and this one is perfect. It's lycra/cotton and the perfect length. And it cost $5.80.



The earrings were part of my Christmas gift from Emma J last year. They go with everything.



Believe it or not, I found these shoes at the giant depressing Sears next to my apartment. I was looking for laundry baskets and while passing through the sale shoe section this pair caught the corner of my eye. They cost $7 dollars. SEVEN DOLLARS. For adorable ankle-strap knotted-leather heels!! Thank you universe, for teaching me once again not be a shopping snob.



Happy early Thanksgiving!

4 comments :

Meagan said...

That top is adorable! I love blush pink right now. How lucky are you to work next to Forever 21? I'm not sure if that would be a blessing or a curse for me!
-Meagan
http://spunkychataeu.blogspot.com

Marie said...

It's a wonderful and terrible mix of both, Meagan :)

maihit05 said...

seriously when you are home can we PREASE go shopping so that u can vamp up my closet cuz it sucks!!!!

Lauren said...

That top is so friggin' adorable. I love the color on you! And no- it never pays to be a shopping snob. Cheers to cute shoes from un-cute places!

Hand drawn:
My Closet in Sketches