Playlist - Sigh

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Uptown Skyline Sunset, Chicago. Nov 09.

The days are getting shorter, I finally need blankets on my bed, people are going back to school, and Fashion Week is right around the corner. All this means one thing: IT'S AUTUMN! Finally!

In celebration, here is a playlist entitled "Sigh." with some of my favorite fall music. Its admittedly heavy on the old school jazz - Billie and Chet and Louis are so perfectly suited to cooler weather. I plan on listening to this playlist on Saturday while I make my first apple pie of the season (I absolutely cannot wait!!!). I also listened to it this morning while I drank mint tea and read September's In Style.

Hope you enjoy!

1. Any Old Time - Billie Holiday
2. Solitude - Duke Ellington & His Orchestra
3. They Can't Take That Away From Me - Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald
4. Veraline - Charles Trenet
5. These Foolish Things - Oscar Peterson
6. Star Dust - Louis Armstrong & His Orchestra
7. Begin the Beguine - Cole Porter
8. Rockin' Chair - Louis Armstrong
9. La Vie En Rose - Edith Piaf
10. You Send Me - Sam Cooke
11. I Fall In Love Too Easily - Chet Baker
12. Moon River - Henry Mancini
13. Falling In Love - Count Basie & His Orchestra
14. La Mer - Charles Trenet
15. J'ai Deux Amours - Madeleine Peyroux
16. Love Is Here To Stay - Ella Fitzgerald
17. Sparrows Over Birmingham - Josh Rouse


"Sigh.", an autumn playlist. [scroll to the bottom and click the orange download link]


A note: I have strict rules about mix composition, but this one flies in the face of all of them. Multiple songs by the same artist...a similar mood between all the songs...inexact key-to-key/song-to-song cohesion. It's just funny that this is the first mix I'm posting and it happens to be the one that breaks all my rules :)

4 comments :

Lauren said...

yessssss can't wait to download.

<3
Hand drawn:
myclosetinsketches.com

Marie said...

I hope you like it Lauren!

Trevvvvor said...

Is this like a big "fuck you" to the people that threatened to shut you down for uploading music? Great idea, Love it!

Marie said...

:)