This week's outfit

Monday, July 12, 2010

Dress: Jovovich-Hawk for Target.
Jacket: Cartonnier, Anthropologie. (pictured below)
Hat & necklace: Banana Republic.


Wore this delightful ensemble while grocery shopping and farmer's market-ing last weekend. The Jovovich-Hawk dress is a couple years old, another joyous discovery from a second-hand store. And the fit is perfect, which shocked me. I'm finding the low square neckline to be very flattering on me, against all odds. I think it makes me look like I have boobs (when I don't, really). Yay for tricks of the eye.


The necklace and hat are from Banana. I had been eyeing the hat since our store got it in around March, and had probably tried it on every day that I worked, only to be told repeatedly by a coworker that it looked dumb. Finally, when we only had one hat left, I decided I didn't care and bought it anyway. And thank goodness, cause I wear it nearly every day now. Lesson learned: people may call me silly but damnit, I will wear what I like. The necklace was an impulse purchase to complete an ensemble at work, to ensure I was in dress code - I've already had to superglue it back together.


Later in the evening I added a white blazer before going to uber-air conditioned Cafe Neo to get some writing done. The picture doesn't do it justice: it's a single-buttoned tuxedo style blazer with grey/white polka-dotted silk lining. It has really huge shoulder pads that I'm considering having removed, since I have wide enough shoulders as it is.

Anyway! An excellent outfit, in my humble opinion. And all the parts flex out as individual pieces beautifully.

No comments :