Fine we'll try it, don't defy it

Wednesday, July 28, 2010


First and foremost, I'm shocked and proud to say I've been featured as an up-and-coming Blog on Bloglovin' - I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm super excited! This little blog is barely beginning and I'm still learning the ropes, but it's nice that a couple other people are enjoying the ride with me.

Now down to business: the business of summertime tunes.

Washed Out is the project of southern gentleman Ernest Green. He's only released 2 EPs under the name, but they've both been received with high acclaim from major websites like Pitchfork, The Fader, and Stereogum. Not bad for a guy who does all his recording in his parent's house in Perry, Georgia.

It was nearly impossible to choose a song to feature from "Life of Leisure", my favorite of his two albums. Between it and the jj album I acquired a couple months ago lies my summer thus far: magical, misty, fuzzy, ethereal. I chose the track "You'll See It" because it's the most immediately danceable of the bunch, but they're all incredible. The album is a short but worthwhile trip.

"You'll See It" - Washed Out
[scroll to the bottom & click the orange download button]

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

i totally love this song!! - claire