It kicks and it kicks like a pony.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

[Photo by Angela Kohler]

I had the pleasure of seeing A Fine Frenzy, aka Alison Sudol, a few years ago when she was opening for Rufus Wainwright. I admit I wasn't a huge fan of hers then: her first effort, One Cell in the Sea, seemed repetitive. There were gems, but the resounding heartache and piano-fueled melodrama didn't work for me. Her second album, Bomb in a Birdcage, has shown huge improvement. Electric instruments! Faster tempos! Effects! Anger! Happiness! Something Other Than Depression!!

The track "Electric Twist" was probably in my top 5 Most Played Songs of 2009. It's joyful and sparkly and sassy. If you don't already have a sweet tooth you'll probably hate it, but if you do, this is a good one to indulge with.

If you like this track I also highly recommend "Blow Away" and "Stood Up". Also, there's a cute video for the song on her website, here.

"Electric Twist" - A Fine Frenzy

No comments :