Interiors by...Zac Posen?

Friday, May 14, 2010

[Photos courtesy of style.com]

16w21, a new complex sandwiched between the Flatiron district, Chelsea, Union Square and Greenwich Village in New York, has a duplex for sale that was decorated and furnished entirely by wunderkind Zac Posen. The waiting list to see it is 500 people long. I don't have much to say except Holy. Shit.

He says it's for a "Sex and the City girl". I say you'd have to be an indulgent, glamorous, self-obsessed blown-up cartoon character to stomach living in anything so lavish. So yeah, I guess he's right. (No offense to Zac or Carrie and the girls, I really do love each of you.)


I actually do kind of like the pink, marigold, and orange living room. But both of the bedrooms terrify me, particularly the grey/purple scheme. Which is a bummer, because grey and purple are two of my favorite colors for interiors. The rest of the apartments in the building look lovely - their interiors were also worked on by Zac, but in a much more reasonable, practical context. Give me a touch of Zac anyday, but I don't think I could survive in anything so sumptious as this apartment.

2 comments :

Michelle said...

:) <3 i'm trying to figure out how to comment...

Wakko said...

You did it!