You Just Can't Let It Go

Wednesday, March 03, 2010



There are plenty of things in my musical life I can't explain: my high school crush on Ludacris, my unnecesarily strong aversion to Vampire Weekend, why I just purchased the late nineties boy-band disaster "I'll Be Your Everything" from the "Inspector Gadget" movie.

But here is one thing I know for sure: “When They Fight They Fight” by Generationals is a nearly perfect song and when I hear it my body becomes an uncontrollable happy dancing jumping machine.

It was on a CD given to me by one of the great mix-making masters: Clark, over at MP3 Medication. Generationals is Ted Joyner and Grant Widmer, formally of The Eames Era (this makes the art history dork in me love them even more). They have a very enjoyable blog happening at their website, if you’re interested in the whereabouts, thoughts, and recommendations of the boys. (You should be, I’ve found them to be a pretty solid resource of giggles and insight. What more can I ask for?)

Play it, and dance: “When They Fight They Fight” - Generationals.

No comments :